jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect encoding issues - new apporach
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:31:45 GMT
On 6 March 2014 17:28, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 06/03/2014 10:28, sebb a ecrit :
>
>> We still have not solved all the redirect encoding issues.
>> This time the problem is that too many characters are being encoded.
>>
>> At present we massage the Location header when it is received from the
>> server.
>> This means that failures can potentially affect the current sample, as
>> well as taking additional processing time.
>>
>> It occurs to me that it would be better to store the Location header
>> in the response exactly as received from the server, rather than
>> trying to fix it up first.
>>
>> The location would then need to be fixed up (if necessary) as part of
>> following the redirect.
>>
>> This corresponds more closely with how we process the initial sample -
>> in fact we may be able to use much of the same code, which presumably
>> does not have the excess encoding issue, or we would be getting bug
>> reports for that as well.
>>
>> Does that make sense?
>

> Yes seems that is a better approach.

Further investigation shows that this approach is what the Java and
Soap samplers have always done.

The redirect location processing occurs in HTTPSamplerBase#followRedirects()
So that method likely needs extending to cover the cases which are now
being directly handled in the HC3 and HC4 samplers.

II'll raise a bug to move the processing out of HC3/HC4 and link that
to the various redirect bugs that have been fixed/are still
outstanding.
Hopefully that will make it easier to track progress and to document
the changes for the archives.