jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Throughput timers vs Poisson vs etc
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 10:20:54 GMT
> I suggest you open bugs with if possible jmx plan showing issue.

Unfortunately, I do not use CTT, neither do my neighbor perf engineers due
to the issues listed in the thread.
I am not sure if you'd welcome deprecation of CTT (I would love to create
this issue:) in favour of exponential arrivals:
http://perfdynamics.blogspot.ru/2012/05/load-testing-with-uniform-vs.html

> Did you try this one from 3rd party:
> http://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/ThroughputShapingTimer/

It does not solve the problems above. Well, functional issues might be
different, but it does nothing for testing bursty load, load spike at
0:0:0, etc.
I was told my request was "too uncommon to be a part of plugins set":
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jmeter-plugins/K8I6LIRwYjM/WgDhQXghzDMJ

Vladimir