jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Comparison of menu font sizes
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:56:00 GMT
Am 14.03.2015 um 16:35 schrieb sebb:
> I have created some quick test sites to show how the JMeter index page
> looks with various different menu font sizes.
>
> http://jmeter.apache.org/ - original, i.e. 100%
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/jmeter90/ - 90%
> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/jmeter85/ - 85%
> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/jmeter80/ - 80%
>

> On my desktop, the 80% size is perhaps starting to get a bit too small
> in comparison with the body text, but 100% is definitely too big.
In my version on p.a.o/~fschumacher/jmeter I already set the menu font
to 90%.

What do you want with the smaller versions? In my tests with ~1300x800
we only get a line or two more. That could be achieved with less gaps
between the boxes also.

We don't have to have boxes around the menu items it was just an example.

We could even put the menu as a flat one to the top of the page (can be
seen in my version, if you use a resolution from 600 to 1000 pixel wide.

> It's much the same on a Hudl2 tablet (landscape mode).
>

> If the menu text size can be reduced, then the layout can be adjusted
> to give more space to the body text. I have not done that in the
> samples.
If you mean to widen the main text, then I like to point out, that wider
text lines tend to be harder to read. That is the reason, why I put a
max-width of 60em. We could probably add a few em's, if you like. But
not too much (in my eyes).

Regards
  Felix