jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Way to compute number of threads per Thread Group during a load Test
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:06:34 GMT
On 2 March 2015 at 15:42, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> 1/ I am trying to add to GraphiteBackenListenerClient the number of threads
> per thread group but I am not sure what's the best way to compute it so
> that it also works for distributed testing:
> - Does this method look good to you : comulate

What does comulate mean?
compute?

> sampleResult.getGroupThreads() and every second return this number divided
> by number of sampleResults used to compute it and as a consequence reset
> number to 0 at every second ?

This does not sound like it would return the number of threads per thread group.

But perhaps you meant to average the number across several samples.

Why does the number have to be calculated every second?
Are other statistics done the same way?

> 2/ I am also not satisfied with the way we compute All threads, as
> currently UserMetric uses a DescriptiveStatistics but in fact nearly has
> always the same value, so it's a bit useless.

Please use separate threads for separate issues