jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User manual index is broken
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:54:27 GMT
On 17 March 2015 at 08:57, Felix Schumacher
<felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
> Am 17.03.2015 07:50, schrieb UBIK LOAD PACK Support:
>>
>> Hello,
>> There is an issue in documentation.
>> To. reproduce:
>> - Select user manual
>> - Select Real time results
>> - Click prev, you get 404
>

> That is because there is no source page live-statistics.xml. Thus no html
> page is generated for it.

If the links are broken they should be fixed.

There was no problem with the docs for 2.12

When adding new content, if necessary all links must be updated.

>> If you select the next chapter (best-practices) , real-time results is a
>> phantom.
>

> What do you mean by phantom? The prev-target in best-practices is
> remote-test.html, and thus skips realtime-results.html.
>
> Another thing to notice is, that the upper (low-detail) index is not in sync
> with the lower (detailed) index.
>
> I think we should merge those two into one and use css (like the main menu)
> to hide details on first side.

Don't know what you mean by that.
I think it's important to have both the top-level overview and the
details available.
If that can be done without duplication, so much the better, but if
not, we'll just have to fix it manually.

> That way the indices will not get out of sync and we have less manual work
> to do.
>
> That will not solve the bookkeeping for the prev, next links, though.

In which case there probably needs to be a test case for it.