jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: UBIKLOADPACK JSON PLUGIN DONATION TO APACHE JMETER
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:04:47 GMT
Am 14.10.2015 um 21:05 schrieb UBIK LOAD PACK Support:
> Hello Dev Team,
> I am contacting you to know if you would be interested in integrating our
> JSON Plugin within Core JMeter.
>
> Its features are shown on our blog, I didn't put any link because none of
> my 2 previous mails were received on dev mailing list.
>

> Currently plugin uses com.ubikingenierie.loadpack package, but it would be
> donated with a package you would choose:
>
> - org.apache.jmeter.json for example
>

> If you are OK and wish to integrate it, we would submit a PR on Github so
> that you can review it and potentially provide some patches before
> integration in JMeter.
> Your feedback is welcome.
>

> We think this feature would be very useful for Web Application testing
> where JSON format is becoming a very frequently used format for Rest
> Webservices for example.

I would find it useful too. Agreed, that JSON for REST is a common
pattern nowadays and handling JSON data as text via Regexp etc. is not
adequate.

Hoping the link goes through, this is the original blog post about the
plugin:

http://www.ubik-ingenierie.com/blog/easy-scripting-of-json-applications-with-apache-jmeter/

Regards,

Rainer