jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UBIKLOADPACK JSON PLUGIN DONATION TO APACHE JMETER
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:57:06 GMT

On 15/10/2015 06:18, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hello Rainer, Milamber,
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Regards
>

> On Thursday, October 15, 2015, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your proposal.
>>
>> Seems a good thing to add this plugin on JMeter but we need to known the
>> new functionality(ies) of this plugin? that is an new listener or sampler?
> There is mainly:
> - A post processor similar to regexp extractor
> - a renderer to test json path expressions as with regexp, css/jquery or
> xpath
>

>> Can you confirm that this plugin don't have some dependencies against the
>> Apache License v2 (like GPL) for the distribution?
>>
>> I do
>
>> I thinks that Ubik Load Pack have already sign the CCLA and can contribute
>> to Apache projects?
> yes
>
>> I thinks that after your PR (or other way of submission), a vote (in
>> Apache way) must be done to accept or not this plugin.
>> (example:
>> http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAEJ3w4W=_4UE+vidf3UYTT_zYwci4H-dfk9S+mYP6KwgeWXjLQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
>> )
>>
>> ok but as I said, for now the plugin uses non apache jmeter package naming.
> Shall I do a PR as is and then we would rename packages .
> I would like to be sure the plugin will be taken under Jmeter before doing
> the renaming, otherwise it would stay as is.

This current thread is for me the "Discuss" thread to determine if we
(PMC) can open a vote thread. Rainer and me are already favorable to
inclusion (I suppose that you (as Philippe/PMC) is favorable too).

The renaming of the packages isn't a requirement for donation. Your can
share the plugin as-is (github / patch-diff / etc) and open a vote
thread (as Philippe-PMC) after the end of the discuss for donation.
The renaming can be done after the vote results (AFAIK)

Some examples of donation on Apache CloudStack:

[Contrail]
Discuss: http://cloudstack.markmail.org/thread/o6oxusclhak5mwk3
Vote thread: http://cloudstack.markmail.org/thread/lw7rssyqwpne6z5t
Vote result: http://cloudstack.markmail.org/thread/lw7rssyqwpne6z5t