jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Default port in HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 18:56:06 GMT

On 23/10/2015 15:52, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When we add a "HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder", the default port of the proxy
> si 8080
>
> Whereas when we use Recording Template the default port is 8888
>
> It will be great to have the same default proxy port.

Yes you're right, we need to harmonize this.

> I propose to use 8888 port for both instead of 8080 (which it use by
> another project)

Yes the 8888 port seems the good (for example if I have a tomcat/jetty
app on the same machine)
I thinks that the "transition" to port 8888 is already started because
the best to start a script nowadays is to open the Recording template.

However, a lot of documentation needs to be update (not a hard work)