jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UBIKLOADPACK JSON PLUGIN DONATION TO APACHE JMETER
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 05:18:12 GMT
Hello Rainer, Milamber,
Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

On Thursday, October 15, 2015, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your proposal.
>
> Seems a good thing to add this plugin on JMeter but we need to known the
> new functionality(ies) of this plugin? that is an new listener or sampler?

There is mainly:
- A post processor similar to regexp extractor
- a renderer to test json path expressions as with regexp, css/jquery or
xpath

> Can you confirm that this plugin don't have some dependencies against the
> Apache License v2 (like GPL) for the distribution?
>
> I do

> I thinks that Ubik Load Pack have already sign the CCLA and can contribute
> to Apache projects?

yes

> I thinks that after your PR (or other way of submission), a vote (in
> Apache way) must be done to accept or not this plugin.
> (example:
> http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAEJ3w4W=_4UE+vidf3UYTT_zYwci4H-dfk9S+mYP6KwgeWXjLQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
> )
>
> ok but as I said, for now the plugin uses non apache jmeter package naming.
Shall I do a PR as is and then we would rename packages .
I would like to be sure the plugin will be taken under Jmeter before doing
the renaming, otherwise it would stay as is.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.