jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UBIKLOADPACK JSON PLUGIN DONATION TO APACHE JMETER
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:21:14 GMT
On 14 October 2015 at 23:07, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your proposal.
>
> Seems a good thing to add this plugin on JMeter but we need to known the new
> functionality(ies) of this plugin? that is an new listener or sampler?
>
> Can you confirm that this plugin don't have some dependencies against the
> Apache License v2 (like GPL) for the distribution?
>
> I thinks that Ubik Load Pack have already sign the CCLA and can contribute
> to Apache projects?
>
> I thinks that after your PR (or other way of submission), a vote (in Apache
> way) must be done to accept or not this plugin.
> (example:
> http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAEJ3w4W=_4UE+vidf3UYTT_zYwci4H-dfk9S+mYP6KwgeWXjLQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
> )
>
> @Sebb can you confirm the good way to the donation, thanks.

There are several aspects to incorporating a sizeable chunk of code:
- is it in scope for the project?
- is there sufficient community within the project to maintain the
code going forward?
- does it have documentation and tests?
- is it well-written enough to be maintainable?
- does it affect backwards compatibility?
- does it need IP clearance?

As to IP clearance, large chunks of code may need to go via the
Incubator and a code grant.
In this case, I don't know; I suggest someone asks on the Incubator
list once we have satisfied ourselves that the other criteria have
been met.