jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject What about releasing a 2.14 ?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 06:42:50 GMT
On Wednesday, December 9, 2015, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sebbaz@gmail.com');>> wrote:

> On 9 December 2015 at 22:17, Philippe Mouawad
> <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > We have a quite rich version now I think (more than 50
> bugs/enhancements+ 2
> > major features) , what about releasing a new version ?
>
> Potentially, but there is still a lot to do to tidy up the recent
> additions.
>
> * tabs/indentation issues, which don't affect behaviour, but are
> tedious to fix, and cause maintenance issues
> * implicit boxing/unboxing - I'm sure there are some NPEs lurking
> here, not just the one I already reported

I will have a look

> Plus:
> * were the HC4 issues sorted? Is the code using the current HC release?

I sent a detailed mail on this.
There are existing failing tests with2.13 and hc4.2.3
When you upgrade to 4.5.1 2 additional failures appear even after migrating
CookieHandler.
I suspect hc4.5 bug plus but we will also have to abandon existing cookie
policies which are nearly all deprected.

Oleg wants a pure hc Unit test to investigate issues.

* there's the code I worked on earlier to support SampleTimeouts. I
> think that's ready to be merged, but it has been waiting a while so it
> may require some work.

It is ok for me to merge it, but as I said we should avoid creating 1
additional thread per thread for this feature. It would be better to
register a timeouter using something like hashweeltimer and a timeout
manager.
The current implementation reduces JMeter scalability per machine.
But as it is not mandatory to use it is ok for me.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.