jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Important Regression in nightly build compared to 2.13 or r1715087
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2016 17:07:24 GMT
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Felix Schumacher <
> felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 31.01.2016 um 17:41 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
>>
>>> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Felix Schumacher <
>>> felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:

>>> Variable Time between requests. It is supposed to reproduce user website
>>> activity.
>>> The timer is not fixed which can harden comparison but I always reproduce
>>> the difference of behaviour between version for all runs.
>>>
>> So how many requests per second do you simulate (roughly)?
>>
> 20 to 30 per second
>
>> I tried to load test the ROOT webapp of tomcat 8 (without a timed delay)
>> and did not get any Exceptions.
>>
>> Does it mean there is no network ? only locally ?
> I am in ideal conditions in term of load testing as I am on a dedicated
> machine.
OK. I think I see your problem (even if I don't see the exceptions).

I test a locally running tomcat 8 with 1000 threads running for 1000
times one http sampler, which has a gaussian timer that was configured
with 30000.0 and 300 milliseconds.

Now, if I run it with httpclient4 I get errors after a short period of
time (about 5 to 10 seconds). No errors, when run with httpclient3.

Regards,
  Felix