jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Collin <mark.col...@lazeryattack.com>
Subject Re: Remaining Work before Release of 3.0
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 08:29:05 GMT

>>> Lack of official feature (JMeter plugin, Maven plugin, etc.)
>>

>> non official maven plugin exists and works rather nicely.
>> What do you mean by JMeter plugin ?
>>

> In general I have very bad experience with:
> third party plugin (not well integrate, not well tested, not up to date
> with the latest release, etc.)
> Plugin maintained by only one person (less motivation by the developer,
> etc.)

Bug fixes for the maven plugin are happily accepted.  Also please add issues for things that
are:
Not well integrated
Not well tested
Not up to date
So that we can fix them (https://github.com/jmeter-maven-plugin/jmeter-maven-plugin/issues).

In regards to it being up to date:
The plugin didn’t support JMeter 2.12 Because there were transitive dependency issues with
the 2.12 maven release.
There were also transitive dependency issues with the JMeter 2.13 release that we tried to
work around.  Version 1.10.1 of the plugin does use JMeter 2.13.
Is there something else we have missed which makes you say it’s not up to date (Feedback
is the only way we can make it better)?

We are planning a version 2.0.0 of the plugin to coincide with a 3.0 JMeter release.  The
2.0.0-SNAPSHOT is available in the Sonatype snapshots repository if you want to try it out
and provide some feedback so that we can make it better that would be really useful.