jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject GUI Mode : OOM Protection for View Results Tree or View Results in Table
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 21:02:33 GMT
Hello,
As you know, unfortunately and despite all the warnings and best practices
we wrote, a lot of users still use GUI Mode when Load Testing.
This is an issue when Listener such as View Results Tree or View Results in
Table are used.

This ends usually with "abnormal and wrong" slow response times before an
OOM occurs, example today:
https://twitter.com/DerekDaczewitz/status/715314380800307201

But I have seen this SOoooo many times.

This issue is one of the major factor for JMeter being felt as "unstable" I
think.

I propose the following solution that I have already developed

Add 2 user properties:
#view.results.table.max_rows=5000
#view.results.tree.max_nodes=5000

In the "View Results Tree " , when number of nodes in the tree reaches the
max, we remove the first node in the Tree.
In the "View Results in Table" , when number of rows in the table reaches
the max, we remove the first row in the table.

So we limit this way the number of nodes and rows in those listeners.

What do you think about this solution ?

Unless a NOGO, I will commit this tomorrow afternoon.

Regards
Philippe