jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remaining Work before Release of 3.0
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 12:22:48 GMT
On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0077@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will continu with this discussion and open new if necessary

> > Hi
> > Thanks for contrib.
> > Maybe you should open a new discussion.
> > On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0077@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > My opinion about the remaining Work before Release of 3.0.
> > >
> > > JMeter seems to have a significant technical debt and I think it's the
> > > moment (because we can broke the compatibility) to reduce it
> > >
> > > The technical debt I see:
> > > Use of no maintained framework (Log, ORO)
> >

> > Big work has been done already in the upcoming 3.0 ( 7 legacy jars and
> > dependencies dropped)
> > Big spring cleanup and java7 sugar syntax thanks to many PRs and work by
> > team.
> >
> > I know there was a lot of work and I appreciate it
>
> About Apache ORO which is not maintain anymore, if we need to drop it we
> need to check if it break compatibility.

It does

> And if the response is yes it will be great to drop it before 3.0 release

We can also break it in 3.1.This subject needs to be carefully thought
about as this can be very annoying to users.
I prefer a rapid release of 3.0, I think many users are waiting for it and
we are now approaching 1 year without release.

> > > Old school GUI
> >

> > That's big work
> >
> > Very big work and I don't know if it's needed.
> But each time a newbie see JMeter for the first time, the reaction is "WTF
> with the GUI"

It is true, but would have to wait a 3.1 IMO

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.