jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create a new Menu Category "Debug Listener"
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:20:38 GMT
On Thursday, March 10, 2016, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 March 2016 at 06:59, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0077@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The goal is to split the listener menu in 2 menu: Listener / Debug
> Listener
> >
> > Put in Debug Listener all the Listener quoted by Philippe
> >
> > A Debug Listener is a listener used for debug purpose (debug the script)
> > like Assertion Results.
> >
> > Debug Listener = debug your script
> >
> > Listener = visualize the load test result
> >

> > It will help the beginners because:
> >    Debug Listener have Debug in the name. Debug = not to be used in a
> Load
> > test
> >    Less choice because we have split it in 2 Menu. Less choice = easiest
> > choose
> >

> However twice as many Listener menu items

> I suspect it will make things worse having two separate menu items for
> Listeners.

I will make a screenshot to make it clear.
I am no sure we're on the same page

> Note also that for a Load test, the user should be using non-GUI mode
> in which case the Listener GUIs don't get called.

yes but we know some still do it.
moving the costly one in debug makes it clear as debug level in prod is not
advised, it would speak more to newbies.

> And some Listeners that are useful for visualising the test result are
> expensive in memory terms.

Exactly , they will be in Debug Listener.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.