jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug 59171 - sort order for Sample Result config dialog
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 00:31:31 GMT
On 14 March 2016 at 22:32, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> from user point of view, a user does not  know attribute names,

But they won't necessarily know the exact name for each attribute
either, and the order depends on the exact name.
They are hopefully reasonably common names for the values, but there's
no standard for the names.
[Unlike say the names of countries or languages.]

> So I
> suppose the best presentation is probably an alphabetical sort , this is
> how I usually proceed in the Ux is use.

But the problem is that it is Locale-specific.

Further, if we change the translation of any attribute, the order may change.

Whereas if we sort by attribute name, the order is fixed across
languages, and people can get used to where they are.