jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1732939 - in /jmeter/trunk: bin/ src/core/org/apache/jmeter/gui/util/ src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/config/gui/ src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/sampler/ xdocs/ xdocs/images/ xdocs/usermanual/
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 08:40:13 GMT
Am 03.03.2016 07:45, schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
> Hi,
> Thanks for reply.
> Don'twe need to introduce a new config property to distinguish between
> methods with entity (put, post) and methods without (get, head ...)

My current line of thought is as follows:

The method isWebdavMethod is used for two purposes. First to test, if
the method name is valid (see HTTPHC4Impl#sample).
The second purpose is to see if the request is of type
HttpEntityEnclosingRequestBase (see HTTPHC4Impl#handleMethod).

I think the correct way for the second purpose is to check with
instnaceof instead of isWebdavMethod.

I haven't looked at the usage in HTTPSampleResult#getSamplerData too
closely, but I think we can change that to just exclude GET and HEAD.
Maybe that distinction can even be made on the basis of type hierarchy.

What do you think?

Felix