jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 17:23:34 GMT
Hi all,

the regex for series_filter is currently set to

((^Sample1)|(^Sample2))(-success|-failure)?

in the user.properties file.

The regex could be written a bit shorter as

^Sample[12](-success|-failure)?

But there are still a few things to consider.

1. I don't think that we are interested in the captured groups and
could tell the regex engine that by using (?:...) instead of (...).

2. The ^ in front of Sample1 makes it look like the regex would be used
as "find", as there is no $ to indicate the end of a line.

3. The ? after the last group indicates that the results could be one
of
  + Sample1
  + Sample1-success
  + Sample1-failure
  + Sample2...
  Is this true? Or is just ...-success and ...-failure? In that case
the ? at the end of the regex should be removed.

Regards,
 Felix