jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject ReportGenerator properties
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 12:31:00 GMT
On Friday, May 6, 2016, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I should have noticed this before, but I did not, so sorry for
> bringing it up now.
>
> ==
>
> jmeter.properties contains 40 enabled properties for ReportGenerator
> plus some additional ones that are commented out.
>
> This means that over half the total number of entries in the file are
> for ReportGenerator.

There are much more entries in file than 80.

> That does not seem right.
>

> user.properties contains 8 commented references to ReportGenerator.
>
> As far as I can tell, about half of the properties are report titles,

If you're talking about user.properties, only 1 relates to a Title and is
specific to each Load Test (not even script).
If you're talking about the .title ones, then yes they could be in
messages.properties, but read below for the reason they are not.

> so belong in messages.properties anyway.

> Most of the remaining ones look like values that belong elsewhere.
>
> jmeter.properties is supposed to be for rarely changed configuration
> items, debug etc.

The majority of properties are here for IOC of components.
When report was created, we aimed at making it extensible.
Dependencies are injected and reports are declared through properties and
properties are injected.
That's why title is not in messages.properties.
We didn't want to introduce an additional configuration file for IOC,
ideally we would have liked to use something like Spring IOC but didn't
want to introduce it to avoid too many additional dependencies.

For the properties you mention, they are in fact not aimed to be changed by
regular users.
Except for the 8 that are in user.properties, you will generally change:
- Apdex values
- report_title
- granularity
- series_filter