jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1742642 - in /jmeter/trunk: bin/jmeter.properties bin/reportgenerator.properties src/core/org/apache/jmeter/report/dashboard/ReportGenerator.java
Date Sat, 07 May 2016 10:14:37 GMT
On 7 May 2016 at 10:33, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, May 7, 2016, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7 May 2016 at 07:10, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com
>> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > I don't see docs update neither.
>>
>> The only relevant place I can find is properties_reference which I have
>> updated.
>> If there are any other places let me know.
>

> i see no mention of this in dashboard docs.
> I think some note on this would be nice

AFAICT the dashboard docs don't mention jmeter.properties
So why should  they mention the new property file?

>> > But for me it should have been discussed before and commited only after
>> 3.0
>> > as per milamber request.
>>
>> I could say the same about the fix you made:

>> Log:
>> Bug 59424 - Visualizer : Add "Clear" in popup menu
>>
>> That was not even discussed as I recall.
>

> I can retire it if you want.

No. I don't think it needs to be removed.

> The regressions risks are very low,

Since the patch affected code in MenuFactory, the _potential_ for
regression is high.

However the change was simple; it looks OK and I have not noticed any problems.

> it's not the case for report generation which is a much more critical feature.

The feature may be more critical, but there's no possibility of a
regression since it's a new feature.

>> ==
>>
>> The issue was discussed, but the solution was not.
>>
>> I am not happy releasing the code as it was before.
>> I should have vetoed the original change.
>

> which one ?

The one which added the properties to jmeter.properties: