jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject RE: JMeter DSL discussion
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 15:32:27 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrey Pokhilko [mailto:apc4@ya.ru]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:46 PM
> To: dev@jmeter.apache.org
> Subject: Re: JMeter DSL discussion
>
> You sound like very sane person

Thanks, I think?  Doesn't feel like it, some days... :P

> so I'd be happy to hear your suggestions on Taurus

I'm sure between my colleagues and I we could come up with a laundry list of
small grievances and limitations, though I suspect a lot of it will fall out
of your project scope because you're not trying to enable everything that
JMeter does from Taurus (or so I've been told).

> how to help JMeter users more with lightweight format, without the need to
> rework underlying JMX used by JMeter.

Like I mentioned to sebb in the file format thread, I think the best way to
"handle" JMX is by basically ignoring it.

It can't be changed or it breaks backwards compatibility, and I can't really
see it as a good basis for a new format for reasons I mentioned above (and
that's setting aside my distaste for XML).

What might a new "Test Plan Language" look like?  I don't know.  I
personally have some vague ideas on a general grammar, but it's a discussion
that needs to happen if and only if people are on board with doing it.

Regards,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.