jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject RE: Test plan warnings
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:45:27 GMT

Having had to explain this to people repeatedly, I can confirm the scoping
rules for timers are not easy for many users to understand.

But is this really the solution?

Currently, the TestAction lets one set a constant pause using an internal
implementation, but the comments in TestAction.java seem to indicate that
inserting a pause isn't really its "intended" purpose, regardless of how it
tends to be used in practice.

My view is there should be an obvious "Think Time Sampler" that removes the
need for end users to set up the wrapper manually (which is really silly,
when you think about it).  Set it up so you can bind any timer to it
directly; in the GUI make it a dropdown selector with every available
AbstractTestElement-implementing Timer.

(Also, I do still think there's value in timers discriminating on whether
they apply to Samplers, Controllers, or any TestElement.)

Regards,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.