jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on 2 proposals
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:04:09 GMT
UBIK>The issue with CTT is that it tries to match the throughput but always
exceeds it before slowing down, and if CTT is combined with variable pauses
UBIK>, it becomes very hard for CTT to adjust the pauses to reach the
Throughput..

If CTT has issues, why don't we just fix CTT then?
Do you mean CTT will never be able to follow given throughput goal?
Well, the timer of my choice does follow given throughput with no
overshooting/undershooting issues, so it is not that big deal to have a
timer that just follows given throughput goal.

Note: CTT is off-topic for the current thread.
Note2: Philippe has recently fixed a couple of issues around CTT, thread
pausing, etc.

Note3: I agree there might be valid cases for "adjust interpage timers"
feature.

Vladimir