jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan warnings
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 09:28:21 GMT
sebb>I think it's far more important to ensure that the features ... and
well documented.

Note: there are certain peculiarities that are very unexpected by the
typical user.
Of course doing some RTFM solves some problems, however I still think
having a spell checker that allows false positives is way better than
having no spell checker and forcing everybody to look up dictionary for
each and every case.

Well, I've converted several engineers from LR to JMeter (they seem to be
happy with that), however "proper timer placement" did bite them even
though I did highlight the issue.

sebb>It's not possible in general to detect whether a variable is used or
not.

Well. As in typical IDEs there might be
@SupressWarning("I_know_I_use_this_variable_in_extremely_obscure_way_so_just_believe_it_exists").
Note: I'm sure lots of typical regexp-extractor generated variables are
predictable.

Vladimir