jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About using JavaFX WebEngine
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:57:06 GMT
Hello,
I've been using the POC browser for 2 days now in a real-world scripting
campaign and even with the previous issues I mentioned in my mail it ends
up being very useful to identify the problems when a requests fails.

I compared old renderer and new one.
With the old one, I am nearly never able to find anything (rendering is
broken). With the new one, in 90% of cases I find the problem thanks to the
new view, so I think it is very useful.

There are 2 things to note:

- This feature will have to wait for JAVA 8 Migration to avoid complex
deployment and possible conflicts when using Java8 while we have to
distribute jars that are now in Java8 or in a more recent version
- I faced java crashes which I suppose reveals a Java8_u101 bug on MacOSX
at least since err_pid file is generated

Regards
Philippe

--
Cordialement.