jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK Support <supp...@ubikloadpack.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on 2 proposals
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 07:58:03 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> >As you read, the proposed solution (add a new field to timers) handles
> also
> the Ajax case.
>
> That is true.
> However it would likely to require user to walk over test plan and flip
> switches "adjust or not" manually. That's a pity.
>
> If I look at the last 20 Plans created during our load test campaigns, it
would concern 5% of elements.

This feature is IMO needed whenever there is no precise information on
Think Times provided by the business through analytics and you have to
match an expected throughput.

Compared to CTT, it is also IMO an easier and more precise way to play on
throughput.
The issue with CTT is that it tries to match the throughput but always
exceeds it before slowing down, and if CTT is combined with variable pauses
, it becomes very hard for CTT to adjust the pauses to reach the
Throughput..

That would open one more pitfall of "blind timer adjustment would give
> unexpected results".

Do you have another idea ?