jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap 2016/2017
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 07:45:00 GMT
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:19 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 August 2016 at 22:47, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > @sebb, as chief of PMC, could you expose your vision of JMeter's roadmap
> > and future ?
>
> Yes, I am the chair of the PMC, but that is not the same as a chief.
> The chair is not a technical role, it is purely administrative.
> As such the chair has the same standing as any other PMC member.
>
> ==

It is good to know that

> In the short term, I would like to see the HC4 code fixed to remove
> all the deprecations.

+1

> HTTP2 can wait until there is a suitable library.

There is already some, see:

https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/wiki/Implementations

the most famous being netty no ?

> It would be nice to fix undo/redo, but as I suspected this is going to
> be really difficult.

+1

> As a general rule, we should be cautious about adding code to support
> infrequent use cases, especially where there is a reasonable
> alternative.

Ok if it's not a matter of living with broken features just to avoid
breaking changes.
It's not because there is a workaround or a complex way to do something
that we should not try to make it easier.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.