jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Adnan98 <tarik00ad...@gmail.com>
Subject How to achieve 4000 requests per second using JMeter.
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 03:45:37 GMT
I am trying to perform a stress test where I need to hit my application
server with 4000 requests in exactly one second. I need to increase this
value gradually. But the problem is I can't achieve this scenario. I have
taken ethereal traces of the requests hitting the application server. The
maximum number of requests I get was around 2500 requests per second.

The response of the server or the application is not my concern right now.
All I am trying to achieve is "4000+ requests are hitting the server in
exactly one second". The request is simple and it's a GET requests. I have
tried using "Synchronizing Timer" or defining "Ramp up Time=0" in the thread
group level. But still no success.

Is it possible to generate 4000+ requests using Jmeter in exactly 1 second?
Or there is a limitation for that in JMeter.

Please let me know if I need to change any server configuration to achieve
this. I am doing all tests from command line.

Using Wireshark I can count how many requests are hitting the server in
exactly one second and the count is fluctuating. The highest number I get
was around 2500 requests in one second.

My source server configuration is given below:

Architecture :             x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:                Little Endian
CPU(s):                     12
On-line CPU(s) list:     0-11
Thread(s) per core:      2
Core(s) per socket:      6