jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Java8 for 3.1 ?
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 19:30:46 GMT
> Hello,
> Would you be ok to upgrade to java 8 for next release, I see at least 3
> short term motivations for that:
>
> - JavaFx browser support. I am ready to commit the renderer. The jdk8 bug
> has been reported and it concerns only certain pages that contain APM
> injected code embedded in xml tag and maybe some similar cases
> - Ability to introduce Timer factor without impacting existing code
> - Ability to use Caffeine for the css issue although minor
>
> For 3.1, no need to migrate to new syntaxes .
>
> Thoughts ?
I still think we should not rush to java 8.

> If no go, then maybe we can start a release process for 3.1
There are a few things, that I would like to address before we start the
release:

* bug60066 - handling of CLOBs
* doc for getting rid of our SLF4J initializer
* doc for JDBCSampler (it has an old image and the text seemed to be a
good candidate for some caring)
* Look after bug60092 capping of results

Regards,
  Felix