jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timer adjustment feature / Bug 60018 (was Thoughts on 2 proposals)
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 09:12:08 GMT
Philippe>Could we consider introducing Java 8 in immediate next version for
this feature ?

As you know, I'm all ears for migrating to Java 8.

I'm pretty sure this particular issue of "adding behavior to timers without
breaking compatibility with previous third-party timers" could be solved
with plain Java 7.
I just highlight one of the cases where Java 8 shines, so the "backward
compatibility dance" is much simpler there.

Philippe>What are the risks of moving to Java8(without immediately using
all the
Philippe>syntactic sugar ) ?

Technically speaking, we might want to make a poll on jmeter-users list.
For instance, certain platforms might miss Java 8 runtime. I've no idea if
there are lots of platforms that miss Java 8 and run JMeter at the same
time.

Vladimir