jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Java8 for 3.1 ?
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 11:41:07 GMT
Hello,
Would you be ok to upgrade to java 8 for next release, I see at least 3
short term motivations for that:

- JavaFx browser support. I am ready to commit the renderer. The jdk8 bug
has been reported and it concerns only certain pages that contain APM
injected code embedded in xml tag and maybe some similar cases
- Ability to introduce Timer factor without impacting existing code
- Ability to use Caffeine for the css issue although minor

For 3.1, no need to migrate to new syntaxes .

Thoughts ?

If no go, then maybe we can start a release process for 3.1

Thanks

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.