jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Http Request and management of multipart/form
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 18:48:51 GMT
> Hello,
> Working on Bug 60015, I noticed that we have some issues in this code:
>          if (httpRequest instanceof HttpPost) {
>              String postBody = sendPostData((HttpPost)httpRequest);
>              result.setQueryString(postBody);
>          } else if (httpRequest instanceof HttpEntityEnclosingRequestBase) {
>              String entityBody =
> sendEntityData((HttpEntityEnclosingRequestBase) httpRequest);
>              result.setQueryString(entityBody);
>          }
>

> 1/ It appears that sendEntityData is partly a copy paste of the "else { //
> not multipart" part.
> 2/ multipart/form should be available for other methods than POST, I think
> all methods except GET, HEAD, UNLOCK, COPY can use multipart/form format
+1 on simplifying it and combining the POST and PUT-like parts.

A lot of people seem to want to send multipart/form requests while using
PUT.

Multipart should not be the default for PUT, though. And I don't think
it has to be in this release, as the inability to send multipart with
PUT is quite old and I am afraid of changing too much without proper
testing.

Felix