jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject BUG 53039 / Handling correctly responses that exceed Integer.MAX_VALUE
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 19:25:47 GMT
Hello,
I have attached to BUG 53039 a first patch to handle the bug.

There are several decisions to take regarding this piece of work:

   - Introduce a new property that controls how much data from the response
   we store (httpsampler.max_bytes_to_store_per_request). Indeed we are
   limited by array size which is lower than Integer.MAX_VALUE and even
   without that, JMeter would not scale if we really save the whole response.
   I consider that if response is bigger than a certain limit, the response is
   most probably a binary where assertion will be a size of a md5 hash.
   - Introduce a new property to protect JMeter from big content length
   (httpsampler.max_buffer_size). Today we would fail even without this issue
   with an OOM due to size of array to allocate.
   - backward compatibility of return methods, I think we need to introduce
   getBytesAsLong and deprecate getBytes(). I'll update patch with this.

Regards
Philippe M.