jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject RE: Ideas for 3.2
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 14:41:51 GMT

More readable?  Eeeeeeh, sorta.  It's certainly (a lot) lighter-weight to
parse and it's a decent bog-standard textual data format.  But readability
(for humans) can become awfully spotty when you start nesting data
structures.  If the XStream JSON output is as neurotic as the XML, it'll be
much, much worse.

Honestly, rather than simply abandoning XML, JMeter could do substantially
better just by using it as a proper format instead of a serialisation.

>>> We wouldn't drop XML yet.
>>>
>> We shouldn't.
>>
>I agree

Though it'll probably end up being painful to maintain, especially never
remove the ability to load it.  Keeping backward compatible reading is much
more important than forward compatible export.

Regards,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.