jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.2 RC2
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 10:45:28 GMT
Am 01.04.2017 um 18:23 schrieb Milamber:
> Hello,
>
> The second release candidate for JMeter 3.2 (r1789808) has been
> prepared, and your votes are solicited.
>
> This release brings new features and fixes bugs.
>
> Please, test this release candidate (with load tests and/or functional
> tests) using Java 8 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS, especially on the changes.
> The feedback are welcome.
>
> You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
> illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.2RC2/docs/changes.html
>
> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
> behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
> Java 8+.
>
> Download - Archives/hashes/sigs:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v3.2_RC2/
> (dist revision r18998)
>
> RAT report:
>
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.2RC2/dist/rat-report-jmeter-3.2RC2.txt
>

> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>
> cfa8095f9c42208eb70caa6a0074558a *apache-jmeter-3.2.tgz
> 5d49a7cf94ce4dfebc68ab35f6f686d8 *apache-jmeter-3.2.zip
> 2dad5f6366647c93f822c87e64ff24ac *apache-jmeter-3.2_src.tgz
> 43f4ea27110efb23032e708e44dafe55 *apache-jmeter-3.2_src.zip
>
> Site Docs are here:
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.2RC2/docs/
>
> Maven staging repository is accessible here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-1016/org/apache/jmeter/
>

> Tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v3_2_RC2/
>
> Keys are here:
> https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS
>
> N.B.
> To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"
>
> To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".
>
> JMeter 3.2 requires Java 8 or later to run.
>
> Some known issues and incompatible changes are listed on changes page.
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.2RC2/docs/changes.html#Known%20problems%20and%20workarounds
>

> All feedback and vote are welcome.
>
> [XX] +1  I support this release
> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
> [  ] -0   OK, but....
> [  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)
>
> The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> The PMC members please indicate the mention "(binding)" with your vote.
>

> Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files
> and rename the RC tag as the release tag.
>
> Thanks in advance!

+1 (binding), thanks for RM.

Details:

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- tgz and zip for src and bin consistent
- svn and tgz/zip mostly consistent
   - file bin/utility.groovy missing in src tgz/zip
     IMHO not a showstopper, fixed in r1789871 after RC2.
     Note: the missing file breaks the ability to run
     "ant distribution" from a src tgz/zip.
     I think this must have already been the case for
     3.1 (untested).
   - some files with name "*cp1252*" contain some binary differences
     between svn and zip.
     Example: file
test/resources/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/jms/sampler/render/cp1252.txt
     in svn is 3 bytes hex 0xe9 0xe8 0x80
     and in zip 6 bytes hex 0xef 0xbf 0xbd 0xef 0xbf 0xbd
- files bin/report-template/*/*/*/make.sh are not executable
   (not in svn and not in any bin or src archive)
- builds fine except:
   - needed to disable class RenderInBrowser.java,
     because Oracle doesn't support JavaFX for Solaris
- build result looks consistent with distribution, except for
   - some ordering in javadoc (expected)
   - binary jar files (expected)
- no Javadoc warnings
- new dependencies (expected)
- ran the tests (but only with java.awt.headless) without failures
   - needed to adjust the 500ms test execution time margin in
     TestSchedulerWithTimer.jmx (slow test system)
- I have not checked the staging repository.
- I have not checked the rat report

Build and tests were done using Java 1.8.0_121, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc.

Regards,

Rainer