jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.2 RC3
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:32:39 GMT
I think I have found the Windows issue.
Instead of failing, the test code logs a message if it cannot find the
properties file:

2017-04-10 11:46:32,771 ERROR o.a.j.r.d.ApdexPerTransactionTest:
Problem loading properties. java.io.FileNotFoundException:
F:\jenkins\jenkins-slave\workspace\JMeter%20Windows\trunk\test\resources\org\apache\jmeter\report\dashboard\reportgenerator_test.properties
(The system cannot find the path specified)

I suspect this may be due to the space in the path name.
@Milamber Perhaps you could try that locally?

I know we recommend not to use spaces, but we should try and fix such
issues when they become apparent.

The test should fail if the file cannot be found.
[I wonder how many other test cases use the same strategy.]

On 10 April 2017 at 13:04, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are also frequent failures with the Ubuntu builds in the test:
>
> TestSchedulerWithTimer
>
> This is possibly a timing issue, but again I don't think it's a good
> idea to ignore such errors.
>
> I have added an extra test to try and debug the Windows failure - it
> looks like the Props collection is empty.
>
> On 10 April 2017 at 11:14, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10 April 2017 at 08:07, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> On my Windows 10 virtual machine, I built successfully JMeter from svn
>>> trunk. I don't why we have this issue... The Jenkins machine is a Windows
>>> 2012 R2, perhaps they have some differences with Windows 10 for this test?
>>
>> Possibly.
>> But JMeter users may have the same problem, so the failure cannot just
>> be ignored.
>>
>> We need to know what the cause is.
>> It may perhaps be specific to the Jenkins build, but that seems unlikely.

Java