jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject XPath Extractor : Drop Tidy Option
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 19:20:01 GMT
Hello,
Tidy option AFAIK used to allow using XPath Extractor for HTML.
I don't think it's needed anymore since we have CSS/JQuery extractor which
is:
- Up to date
- Powerful
- Performing much better than XPath

I propose to drop tidy options from XPath.
I even propose to think about dropping jtidy library which would mean :

   - Either Dropping AnchorModifier or finding a better alternative to
   jtidy to it if it's useful

IMO, we should drop it, as it doesn't work  with Distributed testing as it
requires keeping the previous SampleResult response Data to be able to work
which Stripping mode clears.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.