jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC4
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2018 19:29:38 GMT
> Hello,
> Thanks to RM.
>
> I notice at least 2 problems:
>
>     - create-rmi-keystore.bat was not embedded in bundle (.tar.gz for
>     example). the sh version is embedded
>     - jmeter.sh fails to find java:
>
> $ java -version
> java version "9"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)
> $ ./jmeter.sh
> Not able to find Java executable or version. Please check your Java
> installation.
>
> If I set JAVA_HOME it works.
That is strange, as JAVA_HOME is not used in jmeter.sh.

> jmeter works fine.
Yeah :)

>     - We discussed about making jmeter.sh delegate to jmeter, I think we
>     should do it now.
jmeter.sh uses JVM_ARGS as the only argument for the jvm, if we delegate
to jmeter.sh the jvm will get a lot of arguments added to JVM_ARGS.

Should we ignore this, or should we add some logic to the jmeter script,
that enables some equivalent to JVM_ARGS (e.g. JMETER_FULL_ARGS), that
would get set in jmeter.sh and used in jmeter instead of all other args?

Felix