jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Release Apache JMeter 4.0
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:04:12 GMT
Am 27.01.2018 um 23:03 schrieb Antonio Gomes Rodrigues:
> Yes I have tested with a 32bit jvm in virtual box
Ok, it seems, that the 32-bit JRE for windows does not include the
server compiler and thus does not work with the command line parameter
-server.

You either have to install a 64-bit JRE, or a full JDK (does not matter
if 32-bit or 64-bit).

Now the question (options) remains:

  * Should we document this, or
  * Should we remove the parameter for windows, or
  * Should we add JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME handling in the windows batch file
and add -server only when JAVA_HOME is set, or
  * Should we parse java -version and add -server only when 64-Bit is
detected?

Could we add this in the next two hours, before a RC2?

My preference at the moment is to remove "-server" for windows, as it is
the default for 64-Bit JVMs which are probably the ones, we are targetting.

Felix, who still has no access to a windows system and can't test such a
change