jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC6
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2018 18:11:51 GMT
Am 02.02.2018 um 16:33 schrieb Milamber:
> Hello,
>
> The sixth (oups) release candidate for JMeter 4.0 (r1822967) has been
> prepared, and your votes are solicited.
>
> This release brings a new default theme (Darcula), support for Java 9,
> 74 enhancements (new features and improvements), and 26 bug fixes.
>
> Please, test this release candidate (with load tests and/or functional
> tests) using Java 8 or 9 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS, especially on the
> changes. Feedback is very welcome within the next 72 hours.
>
> You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
> illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC6/docs/changes.html
>
> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
> behavior and measure performance. The current version targets Java 8 / 9.
>
> Download - Archives/hashes/sigs:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v4.0_RC6/
> (dist revision r24640)
>
> RAT report:
>
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC6/dist/rat-report-jmeter-4.0RC6.txt
>

> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>
> a497d140f1956ba65cf15930b0638333 *apache-jmeter-4.0.tgz
> 8b7015e303b3aac83d1a050cb3782860 *apache-jmeter-4.0.zip
> b3d9cce11b04be574a47b4108a3d2bc6 *apache-jmeter-4.0_src.tgz
> 04dbd79c242192cdcde574e10c7c43cd *apache-jmeter-4.0_src.zip
>

> Site Docs are here:
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC6/docs/
>
> Maven staging repository is accessible here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-1027/org/apache/jmeter/

> Tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v4_0_RC6/
>
> Keys are here:
> https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS
>
> N.B.
> To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"
>
> To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".
>
> JMeter 4.0 requires Java 8 or later to run.
>
> Some known issues and incompatible changes are listed on changes page.
> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-4.0RC6/docs/changes.html#Known%20problems%20and%20workarounds

> All feedback and vote are welcome.
>
> [x] +1  I support this release

I found three minor bugs:

  * in bin/mirror-server.*. Those scripts are referring to log4j 2.8.2
while we have 2.10.0 in the lib path. The mirror-server will not start
with those values.

* the HEAP variables in jmeter.sh and jmeter.bat are named differently
(and are documented with their correct names), but JMeter prints out to
modify JMETER_HEAP in the batch file. We should probably name those two
variables (HEAP for batch and JMETER_HEAP for shell) the same. Apart
from this the user should not edit the shell scripts, but place those
variables into bin/setenv.* :)

  * to run  ant test I have to unset the variables LANG and LC_*.
Otherwise the tcp tests will fail as there are language dependent error
messages embedded in the csv files that get compared.

Regards,
  Felix