jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Configuring logger for mirror-server
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 10:08:14 GMT
Hi all,

on startup of mirror-server* an error message gets printed about the
missing configuration for log4j.

This happens, because bin/ is not in the classpath. An easy patch would
be to include "." in the CP variable in the scripts.

The questions here are:

  * are there any sideeffects we should be wary of?
  * is the misconfiguration intended, as the user gets direct feedback on
the console?
  * should we use a different log file (jmeter-mirror.log) instead of the
default jmeter.log?

Should we address this issue before the release of JMeter 4.0?

My preferences are:

  * address this after 4.0
  * add "." to the classpath
  * use a different log file (jmeter-mirror.log)

Regards,
  Felix