jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject SSLManager and Client Certificates improvements
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:20:41 GMT
Hello,
We have today a menu item called Options > SSLManager.

I discovered recently this feature which I thought was useless :-):
- It lets you select a certificate to use for Client certificate
authentication when recording mainly. We discovered by the way an issue
recorded and fixed under Bug 62114
- You can select either a P12 file or jks file, it will set system property
"javax.net.ssl.keyStore" that will then be used when selecting certificates
either during recording or during Request sampling with Java or HC4
implementation.

I see many fields of improvements:

   - It should be renamed to Certificates Management
   - It should allow:
      - Selecting certificate p12 for recording only  and Fill in password
      - Selecting path to JKS for playing (used by Keystore Config)
      - Controlling property https.use.cached.ssl.context
   - The values configured would be saved to preferences mainly for GUI mode

Related to this feature, we should enhance Keystore Config to allow usage
of P12 files instead of only working with jks that contains many
certificate.

Now how to do it ?:

   - Option 1 :
   - Setup path to folder containing p12 files
      - Setup password common to all certificates
   - Other ideas ?

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.