jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 4.0 RC6
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 06:28:07 GMT

On 04/02/2018 20:43, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hello,
> Following Felix feedback, I rollback my +1 vote.
> [-1]   I do not support this release because:
>
>     - I am afraid JMETER_HEAP will disturb users
>     - It is not clean that we use 2 different env variables
>     - Same that mirror-server is broken
>     - The warnings regarding Java 9 should also be dropped or a clear
>     statement should be in documentation
>     - This might introduce issues:
>        - https://github.com/oblac/jodd/issues/567

OK I will prepare a new RC when we are ready.
Please, continue your tests with the RC6 to try to find other blocking
issue in advance for the RC7 ;)

> Would it be possible for next release to reduce the 72 hours or not ?

The ASF vote page don't indicate the 72h period. It's indicate into the
lazy consensus.
So (I suppose) if a majority of binding vote come into a small time
after the begin of vote period, it's would possible to release more
quickly...

https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html