jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru>
Subject Re: Concerns about change in JTL writing
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 09:16:16 GMT
I tried to use JMeter only like regular user will. I did change through
UI flag in listener, under "Configure" button. I believe the UI is the
"final judge" that overrides any property, plus if I have in my JMX the
flag set to false, it is guaranteed that it will be taken into account.

I looked into code and I see that property default is "true" from many
years ago. This still leaves us with the problem that behavior of CSV
JTL writing does change.

If we change property default, it will change result writing for users
of XML JTL, if we don't - it will change it for users of CSV JTL. JMeter
use CSV JTL as default format, so I'd suggest to change
"jmeter.save.saveservice.subresults" default to false as lesser from two
evils (IMO).

--

Andrey Pokhilko