jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 5.0 ?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 18:58:48 GMT
Hello,
Pinging again on this.
JMeter 4.0 is now 6 month away and we have a very decent version with 39
Enhancements and 45 Bug fixes.

The pending issues already existed and are not blocking IMO. I've been
using JMeter 5.0 for load testing without issue.

1/ When can we start the release process ?
2/ I think it would also be a good occasion to look with a critical eye at
this release process to find ways to reduce its complexity and duration

   - too manual, too much setup:
      - See https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/ReleaseCreation
      - I for example would like to do this one time but I am on mac and
      don't want to scratch my head just to find and install  svnmucc
      - every time there is at least a RC0 that is burnt because of some
      manual step or a broken file svn:eol....
      - how could we improve ?:
      - jenkins job ?
      - docker image for release ?
      - Other ideas ?

Regards

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 5:19 PM Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Saturday, August 4, 2018, Felix Schumacher <
> felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
>

>> Am 2. August 2018 19:37:27 GMT+01:00 schrieb Philippe Mouawad <
>> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>:
>> >Hi Felix,
>> >Did you have time to look at this ?
>>
>> Sorry, haven't found the time, yet. But I think I had to add a listener
>> (probably result tree view) to get the exceptions.
>

> I guess issue exists since many versions, should it block release ?
>

>> Regards,
>>  Felix
>>

>> >Thanks

>> >load

>> >thread

>> >in

>> >other

>> >be a
>> >appears
>> >case

>> >due

implemented in
>> >trunk

>> >status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&

>> >related

5.0 should be

list with

with following