jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about change in JTL writing
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2018 17:01:26 GMT
Hello,

Find my answer inline below.

Regards
On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 11:16 AM Andrey Pokhilko <apc4@ya.ru> wrote:

> I tried to use JMeter only like regular user will. I did change through
> UI flag in listener, under "Configure" button. I believe the UI is the
> "final judge" that overrides any property, plus if I have in my JMX the
> flag set to false, it is guaranteed that it will be taken into account.

I made the test and the flag is taken into account with View Results Tree
for example and with AggregateReport wether in UI or non UI.
So can you clarify what test you made ?

> I looked into code and I see that property default is "true" from many
> years ago. This still leaves us with the problem that behavior of CSV
> JTL writing does change.
>
> If we change property default, it will change result writing for users
> of XML JTL, if we don't - it will change it for users of CSV JTL. JMeter
> use CSV JTL as default format, so I'd suggest to change
> "jmeter.save.saveservice.subresults" default to false as lesser from two
> evils (IMO).

The problem is that it is not ok for the HTML report of JMeter which is THE
official JMeter report nowadays and the most complete and modern one.
Other listeners being more for debugging or little tests.
For information , the change made is related to those bugs:

   - Bug 62550
   - Bug 60917

--
Cordialement.