jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1840406 - in /jmeter/trunk: bin/jmeter.properties src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java xdocs/changes.xml xdocs/usermanual/properties_reference.xml
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 13:55:34 GMT
Am Sonntag, den 09.09.2018, 14:41 +0100 schrieb sebb:
> On 9 September 2018 at 14:19, Felix Schumacher
> <felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
> > While I like groovy, it might be that other users have other JSR223
> > languages as their favourites.
>
> +1
>
> > Should we make the init script mechanism a little bit more flexible
> > by using
> > the files ending to determine the language/engine? That way a user
> > could
> > setup a jsr223.init.file=my_suberb_init.js and JMeter would try to
> > get a JSR
> > 223 engine for "js", or jsr223.init.file=some_python.py to run it
> > with an
> > engine for "py".
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> To make it truly generic, I think the startup code needs to be given
> list of languages to initialise.
> After all, someone might want to use two different JSR223 languages.
>
> One way to do this would be to have the following properties:
>
> jsr223.init.languages=groovy,js
> groovy.init.file=def
> js.init.file=abc

Yes, that might be a good idea.

But I think I might like it better if jsr223.init would be kept in
front of those variable names.

What do you think of

jsr223.init.languages=groovy,js
jsr223.init.file.groovy=def
jsr223.init.file.js=abc

I put the "file" after "init" to enable a potential scripting engine
named "languages" ;)

> If the code ignored missing *.init.file properties, then
> jsr223.init.languages could default to beanshell in order to keep the
> existing behaviour.

Well, yes the names would be more appropriate, when .init.file is the
postfix. Hm.

Felix