jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Best way(s) to manage credentials and gpg sign on a automate build process (jenkins or travis)
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 10:17:18 GMT
Hello,

I send this message on users@infra.a.o to ask some advice for JMeter
release process. If it's not the right list, please indicate me the good
list.

On JMeter project, we have a release process with a lot of manual steps,
generally because the steps include operations with authentication or
password like the GPG signing archives, the upload on dist.a.o or the
release package under Nexus.

https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/ReleaseCreation

We want try to automate at the maximum the release process to allow to
release more often using a build tool like Jenkins or travis (or
another). So with the least human actions.

Do you have suggestions / examples?

Particularly for these actions:

[...]
ant sign_dist -Dgpg.keyname=0612B399
-Dgpg.secretKeyring=~/.gnupg/secring.gpg

[...]
ant maven_upload -Djmeter.version=3.2 -DrepoType=releases

     Go to Apache Repository (https://repository.apache.org/)
         Section Staging Repositories
             Check the RC box, add click on Close button (see Closing a
staging repository)

[...]

ant RC_upload -DRC=RCn -DrepoType=live [-Dasf.ldap.password=secret [-Dasf.ldap.username=user]
]

Thanks.

Milamber