jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Should we increase timestamp precision to Micro or nanosec ?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:16:14 GMT
Hello,
What do you think of increasing timestamp precision up to micro or nano
seconds ?

For example:
- When sending data to TimeSeries DB like InfluxDB, with current precision
of millis, we can end up overwriting some value if user wants to send data
to InfluxDB as in the same MS you can trigger many same Transactions.

If we go up to Nanos we would be able to handle such cases without issues.
With improvement in performances and systems being more able to handle very
high throughput I think we should consider this.

And this should also probably include updating Response time precision to
nanos.

--
Regards
Philippe M